Types of Grants and Loans
- Pell Grant – Everyone must apply for this grant to be considered for any need-based aid.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant – For students with the greatest financial need.
- College Work-study – Hourly wages earned while working at the college. Work hours are arranged with consideration of the student’s class schedule.
- Iowa Vocational-Technical Grant – For vocational-technical, full-time students.
- Iowa Grants – Based on financial need with priority given to those most in need.
- Perkins Loan – Low-interest loan with long-term payments beginning nine months after termination of at least half-time enrollment.
- Federal Stafford Direct Student Loan – Low variable interest rate loan (not to exceed 8.25 percent) with long-term payments beginning six months after termination of at least half-time enrollment.
- Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) – Variable interest rate loan (not to exceed 9 percent) with long-term payments beginning on the day the loan is disbursed.