A.A., A.S. or A.S./C.O. Degree Requirements
The adjacent table provides degree requirements for students pursuing a two-year transfer program at Kirkwood. Additional requirements of the three programs include:
- Earn a minimum of 62 semester hours of credit.
- Complete 16 semester hours in residence at Kirkwood.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Students seeking an A.A. degree must complete one approved diversity course.
- Students seeking an A.S./C.O. degree must successfully complete Elementary Algebra or achieve a placement test score at the Intermediate Algebra level or above.
Electives are transferable courses required for completing all three Arts and Sciences degrees. They go beyond core and general education requirements in providing an opportunity to pursue subjects of special interest.
Electives can be chosen from:
- All courses with "Arts & Sciences Elective Code A" in the course description (transfer courses).
- Up to 16 credit hours of courses with "Arts & Sciences Elective Code B" in the course description (technical courses).
- Only two credit hours of courses with "Arts & Sciences Elective Code D" in the course description (developmental courses).
Students in Career Options or special programs may be required to take specific courses to satisfy their program requirements.