Liberal Arts: Agriculture, Horticulture, Natural Resources Transfer
2-year AS degree

Students planning to pursue an agriculture, horticulture or natural resources related degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing the general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer. It is recommended that students in this area pursue an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.

Liberal Arts Transfer - Ag



Students interested in this area are encouraged to work through the Agricultural Sciences department for advising. Kirkwood has articulation agreements with many land-grant institutions offering degrees in agriculturally related programs. By working with your advisor in Agricultural Sciences, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer school.

Agricultural Sciences Department faculty and staff are available to discuss specific courses and areas of concentration as they relate to your transfer degree.
Scholarships: There are many scholarships available for students entering an agriculturally related program of study.
To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in an Agriculture, Horticulture or Natural Resources related degree, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.S. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in agriculturally related courses provides opportunities to explore the discipline of agriculture and build your resume, and prepare for transfer.

What career could this lead to? Explore careers.

Agricultural Sciences | 22 Washington Hall | 319-398-5609 |